Two spies have been hanged in Iran following a Revolutionary Court judgement. Press TV has reported the spies, who worked for the US Central Intelligence Agency and the Israeli spy agency, the Mossad, were hanged at dawn on Sunday. Sentenced to death by the Revolutionary Court, the men have been named as Mohammad Heidari, a Mossad agent and Kourosh Ahmadi, who was convicted of working for ...
Iran has reportedly gone into 'internet coma' by tightening internet controls ahead of next month's presidential election, mindful of violent protests inspired last time around over claims of fraud. Authorities refuse to officially confirm the new restraints, but former officials and media reports have accused the Supreme Council of Cyberspace of ordering them, reports News.com.au. According ...
Two Iranian spies, allegedly working for America's Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Israel's Mossad were Sunday hanged in Iran, state-run IRIB TV reported. Mohammad Heidari, one of the executed men, had prepared information in a number of security issues and had given them to Mossad in several meetings outside the country, Xinhua cited the report as saying. Heidari received money in ...
Tehran, Amy 19 (Prensa Latina) A fuel cell battery that turns hydrogen into electricity and a treatment for solid waste that were used in plasma, are two of the technological advances presented today by the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Those inventions, applicable to the exploitation of renewable energy, had been announced some days ago. Other innovations include a 100-watt battery of ...
Iranian authorities have executed two men convicted of spying for Israel's Mossad and the American CIA spy agency, according to the country's state ...
Games People Play
The levels of reality and artifice in Games People Play are so densely interwoven that it is probably futile to try to sort them out, which is the heart of writer/director James Ronald Whitneys elaborate joke assuming that it is intended to be a joke. ...
Tehran, May 19 (Prensa Latina) Iran announced the execution by hanging of two prisoners fund guilty of spying, one for Israeli secret services and the other for the US Central Intelligence Agency. The two men were sentenced to death by the Revolutionary Court of Tehran, said the official Press TV network. The Israeli Mossad agent, identified as Mohammad Heidari, gathered classified information ...
Manama, May 19. (BNA) -- The First Deputy Speaker of the Representatives Council Abdulla bin Khalaf Al Dussari has condemned the blatant threats made by an Iranian Foreign Ministry's official against the Kingdom of Bahrain. Al Dussari said the security bodies in Bahrain were fully authorised by the Constitution and the law to take any procedures they deem necessary against any Bahraini ...
GCC Secretary General condemns the Statements of Iranian Assistant Foreign Minister about Kingdom of Bahrain
Riyadh, May 19th (BNA) -GCC Secretary General, Dr. Abdullatif Bin Rashid Al Zayani condemned the statements of the Iranian Assistant Foreign Minister for the Arab and African Issues about Kingdom of Bahrain, describing them unacceptable and disgraceful interference in the internal concerns of the Kingdom and its citizens. "His Statements contain blatant and dangerous threats and unfamiliar ...
A CAR packed with Afghanis smuggled into Iran has collided with another vehicle and burst into flames, killing nine Afghanis and five Iranians, media reports say. The IRNA news agency said the crash occurred shortly after midnight in the southeastern province of Sistan Baluchistan, on a route Afghanis use to illegally cross the border in the hope of finding work in the Islamic republic. "The ...
Two Iranian nationals accused of spying for Israel and the United States were executed in Tehran at dawn Sunday, the prosecutor's office in Iran said. Mohammad Heidari was accused of collecting classified information and providing intelligence to Israel's Mossad agency, Iran's Press TV reported. The network said he allegedly received large sums of money from the Israeli spy ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Sweet Home Hotel
It is not often we review a hotel of this size, or of this budget range, so it was a ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Iran HeraldIran Herald | Iran Issues, News from Local & Global Sources
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iran Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iranian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iranian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iran news, the weather forecast for Iran you'll find it all in the Iran Herald.
From Bam to Tehran, the Iran Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Two spies have been hanged in Iran following a Revolutionary Court judgement.
Press TV has reported the spies, who worked for the US Central Intelligence Agency and the Israeli spy agency, the Mossad, were hanged at dawn on Sunday.
Sentenced to death by the Revolutionary Court, the men have been named as Mohammad Heidari, a Mossad agent and Kourosh Ahmadi, who was convicted of working for the CIA.
Heidari was prosecuted on the basis he had collected classified information about Iran, passing it on to the Israeli spy agency in the course of several meetings.
Heidari had allegedly received large sums of money from the Mossad.
Kourosh Ahmadi, was charged with contacting CIA agents to provide them with secret intelligence on Iran.
- Shivanand Tiwari terms cricket as a tradeUpdate Spot-fixing
- Rajiv Shukla says strict action will be taken if players are found guilty
- Warner reported for beaching Code of Behaviour
- Has Ian Thorpe moved in with James Middleton
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- New colonoscope could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening
- Ketamine holds promise for people with treatment-resistant depression
- New needleless acupuncture therapy reduces diabetics indigestion symptoms
- Chronic trauma can inflict lasting damage to brain
- Tortorella Hagelin not the cure for Rangers power play ills
- Bhubaneshwar hosts rock concert to preserve heritage art
- No commercials TV channel starts broadcast in Russia
- Denmark wins Eurovision song contest 2013
- Miley Cyrus swatted again
- Mel C daughters second choice Jessie J comes first
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- Education tourism one-stop shop
- Boeing delivers first-of-its-kind plane to Saudia airlines
- Dubais Jumeirah announces tie-up with Aston Martin
- Saudi airline eyes US Canada after 777 delivery
- Exclusive - South Africas NUM seeks 15-60 percent wage rises from gold coal producers
- Analysis Frontier Markets booming but risks mounting
- German minister calls EU move on China solar grave mistake
- Google boss defends British tax affairs
- Greece to sell Postbank Proton in July stress-test big banks
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Texas takes on large oil firms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iran Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Internet in Iran goes into coma ahead of presidential elections
- Iran executes two spies working for CIA Mossad
- Iran Presents Advances Applicable to Renewable Energy
- Iranian authorities hang two spies convicted of working for U.S. and Israel