The NATO-Russia meeting at foreign ministers' level ended acrimoniously on Wednesday, 4 December in Brussels, after the Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov directly condemned NATO's declaration on Ukraine and especially the personal intervention of the secretary general Anders Fogh Rasmussen : "I don't know why NATO should issue such statements," said Lavrov, ...
Dubai, Dec4(BNA)UAE Deputy President, Prime Minister and Dubai Ruler Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum today received Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif and reviewed issues of mutual interest. They discussed ways of bolstering cooperation and relations of good neighbourliness between the UAE and Iran in order to achieve regional security and prosperity, maintain global peace ...
CREDIT: C-Span A Republican congressman said on Wednesday that if the United States ends up using military force against Iran’s nuclear program, it should do so with nuclear weapons. GOP mega-donor Sheldon ...
Members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) decided on Wednesday to maintain their production targets at 30 million barrels per day but Iran, heartened by an opening with the west that will test the waters of eased sanctions, said it wants U.S. help to get the taps ...
OPEC ’s latest meeting at its Vienna headquarters welcomed back a lost member, Iran, and decided to maintain the status quo for another six months. Production will not be increased to allow Iran to regain its former quota and second producer position, currently held by Iraq. The agreement caused a dollar-a-barrel fall in the price of Brent crude. ';I’m sure that ...
Blood & Wine
"Blood & Wine" is director Bob Rafelson's fifth collaboration with actor Jack Nicholson, and it is certainly one of the least. A slowly-plotted, mostly uninvolving modern-day Miami film noir, it is also the third (slightly belated) installment in what Rafelson terms an "informal trilogy" that also includes "Five Easy Pieces" (1970) and "The King of Marvin Gardens" (1972).On the surface, "Blood & ... ...
Iran HeraldIran Herald | Iran Issues, News from Local & Global Sources
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iran Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iranian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iranian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iran news, the weather forecast for Iran you'll find it all in the Iran Herald.
From Bam to Tehran, the Iran Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Delegates to the Democratic National Convention Will Propose a Platform Emphasizing Diplomacy, Not War PORTLAND, Maine - August 15 - Peace Action Maine, Pax Christi Maine, Military Families Speak Out/ Maine, the Peace and Justice Center of Eastern Maine, and other Maine based organizations are circulating a statewide petition that opposes preemptive military action, acts of war, a naval ...
Will Next Israeli Leader Attack Iran? August 8 - The decision by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert to step down amid corruption allegations has left many questions in Israel and in the region. What this could mean for the stalled peace process with the Palestinians will depend mostly on the next US president. But on the question of Iran, there is still fear that Israel might act ...
www.IranFreeTheDocs.org MEXICO CITY - August 4 - A coalition of AIDS and human rights organizations that includes Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) and Human Rights Watch (HRW) has launched a campaign to free two Iranian physicians, Drs. Arash Alaei and Kamiar Alaei. The doctors, who are brothers, are active in HIV/AIDS education, prevention and treatment in Iran. According to ...
By Alex Lawler and Peg MackeyVIENNA Dec 4 (Reuters) - Iran on Wednesday named seven Western oil companies it wants back in its vast oil and gas fields if international sanctions are lifted and said it would outline investment terms in April next year.Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Zanganeh named the seven in order: Total of France, Royal Dutch Shell, Italy's ENI, Norway's Statoil, ...
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) -- With the ink barely dry on a nuclear deal that paves the way for warmer relations with the West, Iran's new leadership is making a push to patch up tensions with U.S. allies closer to home ...
Abu Dhabi, Dec 4 (Prensa Latina) Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif arrived here today to meet with senior officials. Zarif's visit is in keeping with a diplomatic offensive that in the last few days has taken him to Kuwait, Oman, and Qatar, all on the Arabian peninsula. All three nations welcomed the agreement reached between Tehran and the Group of 5+1 in the last week of ...
If Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and his parade of official proclaimers truly meant everything they've always said about pursuing a nuclear program only for peaceful energy and medical research purposes, then you'd figure Tehran's elites should be bummed out by their bad timing.It was back in 2010 that the International Atomic Energy Agency agreed unanimously to create ...
Iran on Wednesday, state television reported, for two days of talks that will also focus on the conflict raging in Syria.It is Maliki's first visit to Tehran since Hassan Rouhani, a relative moderate who champions engagement with the West, became Iran's president in August after defeating a pool of conservative candidates in a June election.Maliki's spokesman Ali Mussawi told AFP ...
The Wall Street Journal reports Iran's oil minister on Wednesday said he would like to see the return of several Western oil companies, including European giants Total SA, Royal Dutch Shell, Eni, Statoil, BP, and the two U.S. firms. Currently Western companies are banned by their governments from investing in Iran's oil fields, but Iran is hoping the restrictions will be lifted if it ...
Secretary of State John Kerry says the deal doesn't say Iran has a right to enrichment, but Iran's foreign minister, Javad Zarif, may have a different viewpoint. NBC's Ann Curry ...
On the record
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
Have Your Say
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Iran Herald.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Thistle Charing Cross
I had stayed at this hotel once before, some years previous, so was looking forward to a new review. The ...Keep reading
Former CIA and NSA Director General Michael Hayden has said he is OK with letting the six-month temporary deal on Iran's nuclear programme go forward.
Hayden however added that the leaders should be truthful that Iran's uranium enrichment has been accepted.
According to newsmax, Hayden told Fox News Sunday that the Iranians are far too close to a nuclear weapon, adding that the leaders have just hit the pause button.
He added that now the leaders have to negotiate hitting the delete button with them.
He said that at the end of the day, 'Iran's going to be a nuclear threshold state'.
The deal allows Iran to have uranium enriched to five percent. Previous U.N. resolutions have called for a complete dismantling of its nuclear programme and that all materials be shipped out of the country, the report added. (ANI)
Top Iran News from Yesterday
- Indian teams register easy wins in Kabaddi World Cup
- Bollinger Coulter-Nile named as standby Oz bowlers for third Ashes Test in Perth
- World champions Spain set to impose 1000-euro fine for street soccer players
- No link between contact sports and brain disease Study
- Seattle fans cause minor earthquake with record-breaking cheers in American football game
- Centre working for conclusion on Telangana issue Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Alzheimers gene starts changing brain patterns early in life
- New pump could prevent transplants in patients with liver disease
- New stem cell breakthrough brings gastrointestinal disorders cure closer to reality
- Exercise can help dementia patients improve thinking abilities
- Detroit can file for bankruptcy protection, says judge
- Construction in UK growing at over six year high
- Gene discovery to help boost rice production
- CEOs grow more bullish on economy
- Media invitation - The Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal to play host to the Honourable Christian Paradis Minister of International Development and Minister for La Francophonie
- Original Han Solo blaster from The Empire Strikes Back up for auction
- Tom Daley dating Hollywood screenwriter Dustin Lance Black
- German police develops app to identify neo-Nazi racist music
- Sopranos star Christopher Evan Welch dies at 48
- Christian Slater weds girlfriend Brittany Lopez in Florida
- Ajman sets world record by creating largest greeting card
- Tourism officials hope Game of Thrones will draw tourists to NIreland
- Tourism not affected says Thai envoy
- Tatarstan Airlines Chief Sacked After Fatal Crash
- Close-Up ‘Story First Maps Second’
- Britain to give all-clear to Huawei security centre
- Big hurdles for Newsweek return to print
- Recovery on track but slows in November U.S. data shine
- EU clears Microsoft Nokia mobile phone deal
- US stocks waver as investors try to guess when the Fed will pull back on stimulus Sears drops
- Arab Spring in Yemen dying as propsect of elections fade
- Just one percent of Snowden files published, says Guardian editor
- US military veteran held by Pyongyang reportedly oversaw guerrilla group
- North Korean leader's uncle sacked, two aides executed
- Thailand police removes barricades allowing peaceful protests
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iran Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- NATO-Russia disagree again on Ukraine Georgia Iran
- UAE Deputy President receives Iranian Foreign Minister
- Congressman Says U.S. Should Use Nuclear Weapons If It Attacks Iran
- Iran Ready To Open The Oil Taps And It Wants US Firms To Help Now
- OPEC holds oil price firm welcomes back Iran