NEW DELHI - India and Japan, both major energy fuel importers, are mulling joining forces while bidding for potential tenders for liquefied natural gas (LNG) supplies with an eye to beating down the high prices. Both the countries will work out a strategy in the next three months, Petroleum and natural gas secretary Vivek Rae told reporters on sidelines of the 8th Asia Gas Partnership Summit ...
WASHINGTON - The US trade deficit narrowed in October with oil sales helping exports rise 1.8 percent to a record high of $192.7 billion in October over previous month, the US Commerce Department has said. Bureau of Economic Analysis of the Department of Commerce announced Wednesday that total October exports of $192.7 billion and imports of $233.3 billion resulted in a 5.4 percent drop in ...
WASHINGTON - Internet search engine Google has acquired seven robotics companies in the past half a year and has begun the process of building its own robots that could undertake manufacturing and could be deployed in the supply chain sector. To start with Google has created a new robotics group under Andy Rubin, who was previously in charge of the Android operating system, and bought seven ...
BEIJING - China has awarded its first superfast 4G telecommunications licences to three mobile phone companies. Designed to give mobile phone users faster access to the internet services, the first set of licenses were granted by the government to China Mobile, China Unicom Hong Kong and China Telecom. It is not as yet clear if any rollout conditions have been attached to the licences, or ...
BRUSSELS - The European Union has slapped a 1.7 billion euros ($2.3 billion) fine on eight major banks, including Deutsche Bank, RBS and JPMorgan, for rigging interest rates. German Deutsche Bank, involved in rigging the Euribor and Japanese yen Tibor rates, was fined a total of 725 million euros, while the French Societe Generale was fined 446 million euros for manipulating the European ...
Mon Oncle [DVD]
Jacques Tati's Mon Oncle is visually structured around two disparate sections of Paris, which Tati uses to illustrate his contempt for what he saw as the increasingly sterile and lifeless trajectory of modernization. ...
Iran HeraldIran Herald | Iran Issues, News from Local & Global Sources
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iran Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iranian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iranian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iran news, the weather forecast for Iran you'll find it all in the Iran Herald.
From Bam to Tehran, the Iran Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Toro Co.'s fiscal fourth-quarter profit beat expectations but the maker of snowblowers and lawn mowers warned of pressure at the start of its new fiscal ...
NEW YORK -- Stocks are mostly lower on Wall Street in early trading as retailers report poor results. Aeropostale, Francesca's Holdings and The Wet Seal fell early Thursday after reporting lower income or issuing earnings forecasts that disappointed investors. Costco fell after reporting that its sales grew last month at a slower rate than analysts were anticipating. L Brands, the owner ...
WASHINGTON -- U.S. factories received fewer orders in October, as aircraft demand fell and businesses cut back on computers. The decline suggests companies were hesitant to invest during the 16-day partial government shutdown. Factory orders dropped 0.9 percent in October, the Commerce Department said Thursday. That followed a 1.8 percent increase in September. A big reason for the decline in ...
NEW YORK -- Stocks edged lower in early trading Thursday as more positive news on the economy led investors to anticipate that the Federal Reserve is getting closer to reducing its economic stimulus program. The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits dropped to the lowest in nearly six years last week, and the U.S. economy grew at a robust 3.6 percent annual rate from July ...
LEESBURG, Va. -- A co-owner of the Mars candy company has pleaded guilty to reckless driving in a fatal crash. A judge in Loudoun County, Va., on Thursday ordered Jacqueline Mars to pay a $2,500 fine and suspended her license for six months. The judge could have sentenced Mars to a year in jail on the misdemeanor charge, but the victim's relatives asked the judge not to incarcerate her. ...
WASHINGTON -- Average U.S. rates for fixed mortgages rose sharply last week, making home-buying slightly less affordable. Mortgage buyer Freddie Mac says the average rate on the 30-year loan jumped to 4.46 percent from 4.29 percent last week. The average on the 15-year fixed loan increased to 3.47 percent from 3.30 percent. Rates have risen a full percentage point since May after the Federal ...
WASHINGTON -- The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits tumbled 23,000 last week to 298,000, nearly a six-year low that shows companies are laying off fewer workers. The Labor Department said the less volatile four-week moving average declined 10,750 to 322,250. Last week's unemployment benefit applications nearly matched a September figure that was distorted by late ...
NEW YORK -- Stocks are mostly lower on Wall Street in early trading as retailers report poor results.Aeropostale, Francesca's Holdings and The Wet Seal fell early Thursday after reporting lower income or issuing earnings forecasts that disappointed investors. Costco fell after reporting that its sales grew last month at a slower rate than analysts were anticipating.L Brands, the owner of ...
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks leaned lower on Thursday, putting the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average on pace for a fifth straight down day, as better-than-expected readings on employment and economic growth boosted bets that a stimulus reduction could come this ...
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Treasury prices fell on Thursday after a round of economic data lifted investor expectations that the Federal Reserve could pull back on its bond-buying program soon, but some unsavory details in the report helped keep a lid on ...
On the record
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
Have Your Say
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Iran Herald.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Grand Hyatt Dubai
I drove up to one of Dubai's newest luxury hotels, the Grand Hyatt Dubai, with it's towers majestically standing watch ...Keep reading
The Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps has arrested 16 persons for providing material to anti-government websites that are reportedly seeking to topple the country's Islamic ruling system, state media reports.
The official IRNA news agency quoted a local prosecutor in southeast Iran, Ahmad Ghorbani, as saying that all 16 activists are facing charges of cooperating with Western and anti-Iran news networks, Fox News reports.
Ghorbani revealed that the confessions obtained during interrogations proved the charges against the defendants.
However, those detained were not identified and are said to have attended training sessions in Turkey and Malaysia, the report added. (ANI)
- Politicians heading sports bodies are misusing their powers Kirti Azad
- Ex-Black Caps confirm ICC match fixing probe
- SC says sportsmen not businessmen should head sports bodies
- Columbian rebels invite Maradona to play match for peace in Cuba
- NZC refuses to name cricketers under ICC investigation for corruption charges
- Choir singing can boost mental health
- Gwyneth Paltrow to host fitness web series with trainer Tracy Anderson
- Carbon monoxide can help amplify effectiveness of chemotherapy
- US Russian diplomats cheated health care program
- HIV Patients May be Cured
- Joint LNG purchase strategy being looked at by India and Japan
- Higher oil exports help US narrow trade deficit
- U.S. sees fastest growth since early 2012 Fed timing in question
- US economy grew a speedy 3.6 in Q3
- U.S. Economy Grows 3.6 In Q3 Faster Than Previously Estimated
- Topless US woman runs after Peeping Tom who secretly films her trying on bras
- Spotify reveals pays more than $1bn in royalties per year
- Thalia taking spot in Hollywood _ and in Macys
- Mandela film breaks box office records in SAfrica
- Mac Miller Jazzes Up The Star RoomKillin Time - Song Premiere
- Eco resort to boost tourism in Arunachal Nabam Tuki
- A positive summer season for Swiss tourism
- Nexus Opens First Asia Pacific Regional Office
- EU bans all airlines from Nepal to fly into the 28 nation bloc
- ECB keeps interest rate at record low amid fragile recovery
- Britain updates rules banning 3D-printer guns
- Online game teaches risks of personal data exposure
- US factory orders drop 0.9 percent in October on fewer orders for aircrafts and computers
- Market Snapshot U.S. stocks slip on pace for 5th straight down day
- Hezbollah blames Israel for commander's shooting death
- Canada rocked by rash of soldier suicides in one week
- Biden encourages Chinese to challenge their government
- Nuns allegedly abducted from Syria, Pope prays for their safety
- Judge allows Obama's uncle to stay in US
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iran Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 16 Iranians arrested for anti-government activities
- Iran says Geneva peace summit must aim for free polls in Syria
- Iran Claims To Thwart Azerbaijani Cultural Imperialism At UNESCO
- World Powers Give Guarantees to Iran over Agreement
- Israel Remains Wary as Iran Nuclear Talks Resume