Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
To promote India as a " Filming Destination", Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi will inaugurate incredible India exhibition at the 66th Cannes film festival in France today. The joint participation of the Ministry of Tourism and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting at the festival is consequent to their entering into a Memorandum of Understanding to promote Cinema of India as a sub ...
The TODAY anchors learn about traditional Hawaiian luaus, get classes in hula and blowing conch shells, which signals the beginning of a luau, and taste-test luau staples like poi and Kahlua ...
The TODAY anchors talk to "extreme" photographers CJ Kale, Clark Little, and Nick Selway about the risky moves they make to capture all of Hawaii's natural beauty and take a look at some of their most stunning ...
TODAY's Natalie Morales heads to North Shore of Oahu, the center of the surfing universe, to get a lesson in catching waves from surfing veteran Freddy Pattachia, Jr. and 20-year-old champ Carissa ...
American Madness [DVD]
Although Frank Capra had been working in the film industry since the late teens--churning out gags for Mack Sennett, directing low-budget "quickies" for fledgling Columbia Pictures--American Madness is the first of his films that can be rightly described as "Capraesque" i ... ...
From Oahu, the heart of Hawaii and home of Honolulu, to Kauai, the oldest island in the Hawaiian chain, TODAY's Matt Lauer takes a look at the lush tropical forests, dramatic cliffs, and rich cultural history of the ...
Among the annual rites Americans undertake in spring -- from cleaning the garage to prepping the garden to analyzing baseball team schedules -- we'd like to suggest one more: Visit national ...
As the world economy continues to grow, so also is tourism. It is worth noting that tourism was already reaching new heights in 2012 and continued to grow robustly in 2013. The United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) noted that in 2012, arrivals grew more rapidly in the emerging than in the advanced destinations. Worldwide tourism is considered to be a viable and income-generating ...
A Southwest airlines arrives to land at the San Diego International Airport in San Diego, California, April 22, 2013. Extra go-arounds are welcome if you're on a carousel, but not so great if you're on an airplane hoping to make an on-time landing and a connection at an airport. Now, air traffic controllers have a new computer software tool that's helps significantly reduce when ...
Over the last century, countless movies and TV shows have been filmed on the sands of Hawaii, from Elvis' "Blue Hawaii" to "Mad Men," making it one of Hollywood's hottest destinations. TODAY's Natalie Morales ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Plaza, New York City
The Plaza had two entrances, both attended by a Concierge. On arrival my car was greeted enthusiastically with assistance with ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Iran HeraldIran Herald | Iran Issues, News from Local & Global Sources
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iran Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iranian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iranian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iran news, the weather forecast for Iran you'll find it all in the Iran Herald.
From Bam to Tehran, the Iran Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Iranian authorities have executed two men after they were charged and convicted for spying Israel and the United States.
Iran has repeatedly accused Israel and the U.S. of carrying out covert intelligence operations following ongoing pressure on the country over its nuclear programme, which the Western nations suspect as being used to build an atomic weapon, despite Tehran's insistence that the programme is meant for peaceful purposes, BBC News reports.
Tehran's prosecutor's office said that Persian santoor player and songwriter Mohammad Heydari has been found guilty of revealing 'security issues and national secrets' to the intelligence experts, the Israeli Mossad agents in exchange for cash, while Kourosh Ahmadi had been convicted of providing intelligence reports to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
Iran's Fars news agency reported that the order for the executions was given at dawn by Tehran's Revolutionary Court and confirmed by the Supreme Court. (ANI)
- BCCI probe chief assures Delhi Police of all cooperation in investigations
- AFC Asian Cup India women ready for Myanmar challenge
- Indian womens football team gears up for AFC qualifiers
- PL Footballer Gary Nevilles father charged with sexual assault
- Becks facing adjustment issues post-retirement
- Vitamin D from sun may treat asthma says study
- India UK sign MoU on cooperation in health sector
- Toddler who survived Saudi car crash found moving in body bag
- Treatment of sleep apnea improves blood sugar levels in prediabetes
- Commonly used catheters double blood clot risk in ICU and cancer patients
- Bieber booed by fans at Billboard Music Awards
- Miley Cyrus and Paris Hilton trapped in swatting incident again
- Bradley Cooper takes cooking lessons from Ramsay
- MJs maid saw singer showering with child abuse victim Wade Robson
- Dog sings along to fav Adele song
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi to inaugurate incredible India exhibition at Cannes today
- United Airlines restarting Boeing 787 Dreamliner flights
- How space tourism could open our eyes help save Earth
- Gas prices in Charlotte declining but national costs are on the rise
- Pepsi to march in as foreign troops leave Afghanistan
- AstraZeneca closes in on site for new home in Cambridge
- Most Portuguese reject latest bailout terms poll
- Slims America Movil says to buy Start Wireless Group in U.S
- Bond Report Treasurys rise as investors jump into fray
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Texas takes on large oil firms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iran Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Iran executes two alleged spies
- Car bomb kills 8 Iranian pilgrims north of Baghdad
- Nahlah Ayed Vote-wary Iranians mull Ahmadinejads successor
- Iran election overseers may bar former president