Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
The Australian Crime Commission's (ACC) Illicit Drug Data Report 2011-12 has warned of an alarming increase in the use, seizure and arrests for illicit drugs in sports, especially in football. The report revealed 76,000 seizures of cannabis, amphetamine-type substances, heroin, cocaine and other substances, together with 93,000 illicit-drug related arrests both of which have been the highest ...
George Osborne, Britain's chancellor, and Mervyn King, the governor of the Bank of England, at the G7 finance ministers and central bank governors summit on 11 May 2013 Photograph: Yui ...
charities and some of the biggest corporates in the country.However, there are also an increasing number of successful partnerships evolving between charities and community groups and local, smaller businesses. Jan Levy, managing director ...
Image Credit: ABC Hmm. Can we switch up the partnerships in our imaginations, then activate special rainbow glitter explosions to make them official? Those are the rules of Reality, right? Great! Then I vote for Kellie and Val to ...
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
There probably won't be a person in the audience for Forgetting Sarah Marshall who hasn't been dumped at least once in his or her life, some in more humiliating fashion than others, but there will probably be few to whom it happened quite the way it does ... ...
first kill, mind you. That happened before the pilot — as far as we know, Norman attacking his father was his firsthomicidalbreak. But this was different: This was Norman being comforted by an older woman and then coerced by his ';mother'; into slashing her throat. That’s right: Our budding psycho offed sweet, pre-pedophiliac Miss Watson in Monday’s finale, which also ...
Oscar Pistorius has turned his back on athletics for the rest of the year to focus on fighting the murder charge hanging over him. The South African's agent Peet van Zyl told Press Association Sport the 26 year old was not mentally ready to return to competition as he awaits trial, charged with the premeditated murder of his girlfriend. Instead, the athlete has turned down a number of ...
By Beth Pinsker EAST HAMPTON, New York | Tue May 21, 2013 12:59am EDT EAST HAMPTON, New York May 21 (Reuters) - Judging by early demand for everything from doggie daycare to Ferrari rentals and fine art, rich Americans are going to make this a strong summer in one of their favorite playgrounds - the beach towns on the eastern end of Long Island collectively known as the Hamptons. With ...
The Mt. Lebanon School Board passed an $83.16 million budget on Monday night, instituting fees ranging from $5 to $40 per year for students participating in sports and extracurricular ...
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Plaza, New York City
The Plaza had two entrances, both attended by a Concierge. On arrival my car was greeted enthusiastically with assistance with ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Iran HeraldIran Herald | Iran Issues, News from Local & Global Sources
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Iran Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Iranian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Iranian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Iran news, the weather forecast for Iran you'll find it all in the Iran Herald.
From Bam to Tehran, the Iran Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
A series of car bombings and shootings, mainly targeting Shia Muslim areas across Iraq, Monday killed at least 61 people, including Iranian pilgrims, and wounded around 200 others, officials said.
The worst violence occurred in Baghdad, when eight car bombs and a roadside bomb ripped through bus stops, marketplaces and other crowded areas in Shia neighbourhoods in the capital city, killing 12 people and wounding 109, Xinhua reported.
In Iraq's oil-rich city of Basra, 550 km south of Baghdad, 11 people were killed and 35 wounded when two car bombs went off almost simultaneously.
A roadside bomb went off near fighters of a government-backed paramilitary group -- the Awakening Council -- in Samarra, 110 km north of Baghdad, killing two fighters and wounding 18, police told Xinhua.
The fighters of the Sunni group had gathered near an army base to collect their salaries.
In another incident, unidentified gunmen opened fire on another group of Sunni fighters when they were also collecting their salaries in Yathrib, 85 km north of Baghdad. One Sunni fighter was killed and two were wounded.
Meanwhile, a suicide bomber blew up his explosives-laden car at a checkpoint manned by members of another Sunni paramilitary group in Baiji, 220 km north of Baghdad, killing two fighters and wounding five others. ...
- Banned Pak cricketer Mohd Asif yet to give consent to PCBs anti-corruption rehab program
- BCCI probe chief assures Delhi Police of all cooperation in investigations
- AFC Asian Cup India women ready for Myanmar challenge
- Indian womens football team gears up for AFC qualifiers
- PL Footballer Gary Nevilles father charged with sexual assault
- Discarded kidneys could be recycled to produce replacement organs
- Indo- Swiss bilateral meet held at Geneva
- Frequent candy eaters not likelier to be overweight or have heart disease
- Indigenous culture youth among key topics as UN permanent forum opens 12th session
- Vitamin D from sun may treat asthma says study
- Chris Bown getting close to Chloe Green
- Miley Cyrus shows off body in revealing one-piece for comeback song
- Justin Biebers Baby song named highest-certified single in US history
- MJ did not sign Conrad Murrays AEG Contract
- Mary J. Blige hit with $3.4m tax bill
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi offers wide opportunities to foreign film producers in India
- Civil Aviation Minister takes action against erring DGCA officers
- Mexicos tourism sector goes up
- Big Yellow profit rises as demand for self-storage grows
- Bwin.party targets cost savings eyes U.S. market
- G4S chief Buckles to step down
- Metals Stocks Gold prices rise following up on ‘key reversal’
- Vodafone posts biggest fall in service revenue
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Over 60 killed in Iraq terror attacks
- 23 militants of Hezbollah group killed in clash with Syrian rebels
- Lindsay Lohan struggles in rehab
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Iran Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 61 killed in Iraq attacks
- Iran executes two alleged spies
- Iran disbands two terrorist groups
- Diplomat Says Tehran Approves Deal To Probe 1994 Argentinian Bombing
- Indonesia nabs Iranian big fish Abdi over human smuggling